Tuesday, March 1, 2011

show photos by rosie toes & devon berquist - february 28th tour kickoff




















this night was warm, sweaty, intimate & fun. rather than write a straight up review, we decided to pass around a notebook & pen all night & ask people to write what they were thinking, regardless if it was about the bands or not. most people wrote anonymously, so I'll just leave off all the names.

"I LOVE EVERYONE IN THIS KITCHEN. IM STOKED TO SEE NEW FACES AND MAKE NEW FRIENDS"

"yall are beautiful & makin february so much more tolerable"

"much more than last year. I like seeing my kitchen filled with awesome people"

"Check it out. It's DIY HFX! The walls are sweating. my ears are bleeding. Heart Quenching - I love this shit"

"-KING-SHIT-"

"stoked to see everyone having such a good time, but scared and feeling alienated hiding behind addiction behind closed bathroom doors"

"it's like heavenly angles descending from wherever the fuck!"

"my only friend lives 2 hours away. tonight was the first time I've had a real smile on my face in really long time. thank you"

"Good samosas!"

"Never been to a punk house before. fun time. I'm glad I skipped class for this"

"It's awesome to see people all getting together at a show and hanging out. Especially in a small space where everyone can connect"

"I haven't smiled so much while dancing since I was 18…? So good."

"It's great to go to a show and be blown away by every band."

"tomorrow I will wake up and tonight will be nothing but a yesterday and a happy memory. thank you for making my memories to music"

"As the Snow turns to rain my bitterness turns to tears
even hipsters cry."

"We all had a smashing time"
LOVE
The Nymphets

"OKAY"

"I want to go home, regroup, start a band & play drums so fast & scream until I'm vomiting dryce & blood all over everything"

"THE HOUSE IS SO FULL OF PEOPLE… BEAUTY… NOISE. MY KNEES ARE WEAK AND MY HANDS ARE SHAKING AND I HAD TO GO LIE DOWN IN MY ROOM. NOW I HAVE TO GO TALK TO A GUY ABOUT MAKING ONE OF OUR WOMAN FRIENDS SO UNCOMFORTABLE THAT SHE LEFT. AND I KNOW I CAN DO IT, BECAUSE THAT'S WHAT WE'RE WORKING SO HARD AT HERE. MAKING NEW WORLDS THAT MAYBE WE CAN LIVE IN. BUT I FEEL KIND OF ILL AND OVERWHELMED. IT WAS A GREAT SHOW. I THINK I WAS IN A REALLY SENSITIVE HEADSPACE. ALL THIS HEART, IT'S ALOT TO TAKE IN."

"tonight My best friend played some songs he wrote, and they gave me the same feeling I got when I first heard his angsty-teenage songs years ago. Goosebumps, Heart in my throat, Eyes welling up, Not alone. At this point in my life all I'm interested in are things that can bring back that feeling."

"These kids are so sweet & enthusiastic. We moshed in the kitchen together. I wish them safety and fun on the road.
I swear that I'll love you, the best way I know how." - <3

"I don't usually "do" punk shows but I had fun."

here's who played in order...

NOISE DEMO
18 x 18 x 2

THE NYMPHETS

MISTAKE MAKERS
STAGNANT STARS


photo credits go to rosie toes & devon jupiter. thanks to them for putting up with being elbowed in order to get these shots!
if you have any photos, videos or any thoughts on the show, email us at diyhalifax.gmail.com & we'll happily add it to this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment